Who am I?
My name is Denise Gregory. I am a fully qualified Integrative and Relational Counsellor, accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am bound by the BACP ethical guidelines. I am also a qualified Solution-Focused Hypnotherapist, registered member of the Association for Solution-Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH). I am bound by their Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
This means that I also have professional indemnity insurance, I receive regular professional supervision and I undertake continuous professional development and training. I also have an advanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate allowing me to work with vulnerable adults.
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Counselling (Level 6 qualification, accredited by the BACP) (The University of the West of England)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Accredited by the BACP) (The University of the West of England)
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- First Degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology (The Open University)
- Diploma in Solution-Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH) (Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training)
- Continuous Professional Development
I worked for Victim Support, where I supported victims of crime, including survivors of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
I worked for Marie Curie Cancer Care as a Helper, where I supported terminally ill individuals and their families.
I worked for Hope's Place until they closed at the end of May 2014 due to lack of funding. Hope's Place offered affordable counselling to clients with pregnancy related issues.
I also worked for University Hospitals Bristol, as an Occupational Health Counsellor where I supported NHS staff with general and professional issues, and for Network Counselling where I offered general counselling.
Building on my Degree in Psychology, I am always fascinated to learn more about the workings of the brain and the mind. I am particularly interested in neuroscience, an ever changing area of research in the workings of the brain, thoughts, emotions, intelligence as well as their links with the body and its physical functions. Solution-Focused Hypnotherapy has therefore been a natural progression for me to develop further my understanding and to learn new ways to help clients to understand themselves and move towards a positive future.